Wednesday 15 October 2008

I'll be in Hong Kong for 3 Months...

Hello everyone:

I'll be travelling again this Friday, this time, to Hong Kong for almost 3 months. So, I may not have time to write a lot of stuff here. I will also be attending the Cantonese Opera Festival to be held in Quangdong in November, (I'll post some pictures later).

In the meantime, let me dedicate the following song to you all. This is one of my favourite songs of all time. It's call "Come Softly To Me" by The Fleetwoods. This group formed in the '50s, before the days of The Beatles. It is amazing that they sound pretty much the same even after 50 years.

Gary Troxel and Gretchen Christopher, were 2 students waiting for their parent(s) to pick them up after school. They started humming a song together, and later they asked Gretchen's friend, Barbara Ellis, to join them as a trio, and called themselves, The Fleetwoods.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Jade T,
    I got to this point from another forum, we are writing a book on Hong Kong English Pop and we are interviewing fans of English pop music. We usually got together for tea or through email. If you are interested, pls send us an email,
    hkenglishpop@gmail.com
    Cheers, alice

    You can learn more about our project from this website
    http://home.ied.edu.hk/~hkpop/music/index.html

    ReplyDelete